Sat 05th March 10:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
The next Second Look PhotoMarathon will run on March 5th from the RWA as part of the annual Photography Open Show & in association with the Bristol Festival of Photography.
What is a Photomarathon?
Don’t worry, no running involved! The event is a day to challenge you to think creatively, meet new people and have some fun. Each entrant will receive a disposable camera and the topics to capture. The subjects must be taken in the order which they are provided. Only one picture can be taken to represent each topic.
All participants are to meet on Saturday March 5th 2011 at the RWA (Queens Rd, Clifton, BS8) between 10am and midday. Cameras are to be returned to Photographique (31 Baldwin Street, Bristol, BS1) by 5pm that day. If you have not been able to finish all topics, your completed subjects will be shown in the exhibition, so please still return the camera.
There are a limited number of spaces available for this event so Second Look recommends that you book in advance.
Pre paid (before 14th Feb) £7.00 (SL Members £5.00) Payment taken on day £10.00 (SL Members £8.00) Cheques to be made payable to ‘Second Look’.
- One Picture to be taken for each topic
- Photographs must be taken in the order listed
- Exhibition space is only available for the first 20 pictures; any extra images will not be included in the digital exhibition
- Children Under 14 are recommended to be accompanied by a responsible adult
- Copyright of images will remain with the Photographer, however ‘Second Look’ reserve the right to use images for publicity without prior consent
- Please take appropriate warm/dry clothing
- Photographique will act as a base throughout the day and can be used as a rest point and meeting place to share ideas, ask questions etc
- Pre paid places are non-refundable 9.If taking pictures of children, please ask permission from parent/carer and explain what the event is and where the can see the exhibition
- Second Look will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety & wellbeing of PhotoMarathon participants, but entry and participation in the PhotoMarathon is taken at your own risk.
All the pictures produced on the day will be displayed in an online public exhibition at www.secondlook.org.uk we are also planning a physical exhibition if we can find an appropriate venue.